2017 CCHCC Annual Awards Dinner
Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) celebrated 40 years of organizing for health care access and justice at our 2017 Annual Awards Dinner on Friday, April 28, 2017.
This year marks CCHCC's 40th Anniversary (1977 - 2017) of community organizing for health care access and justice! With nearly 200 people in attendance, the Dinner was a great success and a wonderful time. Click here to see the recap, photos, videos, and the slideshow.
Help defend and protect the ACA!
CCHCC needs YOU to keep up the pressure on our legislators to #ProtectOurCare and stop the passage of the American Health Care Act (AHCA / GOP repeal plan). The AHCA would repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA / "Obamacare") and result in 24 million Americans losing health insurance. Download this Take Action leaflet for a sample calling script. The leaflet also includes phone numbers as well as multiple ways to take action.
CCHCC hosted a Community Meeting on the American Health Care Act on Monday, March 20. Download our in-depth presentation (pdf)! Also, check out these great resources on the AHCA: Key Points (2-page pdf) and data from the US Senate Special Committee on Aging on how the AHCA will harm older adults in Illinois (1-page pdf).Unsure of how you would be affected by the repeal of the ACA? Check out this handout (hint: you'll be surprised and shocked!). Lastly, stay updated by joining our email list and following us on Facebook and Twitter. Help us keep up the pressure! #ProtectOurCare #KeepAmericaCovered
December Update: Keep America Covered!
Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) needs your support, and your active and ongoing involvement in our efforts to protect the health security of millions of Americans. The threats in Congress to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), cut Medicaid, and turn Medicare into a voucher program are very real, and the work to do these things has started in earnest. If these threats become a reality, we will see something we have rarely seen in our nation's history - a march backward in time. The result will be a massive humanitarian crisis. The stakes are very high, and very real. The first thing Congressional leaders plan to do is to dismantle the ACA. This could happen within the month of January 2017. We have no time to waste. We need you, and thousands of individuals like you, to take action today.
CCHCC's Alert about the Hearing Health Crisis
On Thursday, August 11, Champaign County Health Care Consumers and our Medicare Task Force held a press conference to discuss the crisis of access to affordable hearing health care in our community and a recently released national study that depicts hearing health problems as a significant public health issue.
Also, if you are looking for affordable hearing aids, check out CCHCC's Low Cost Hearing Aid Resource Guide to see if any of these options works for you.
June Update: We've got you covered!
You may not know that Champaign County Health Care Consumers (CCHCC) is the only organization in Champaign County that:
- Helped prepare our community for the expansion of health insurance under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) by holding annual Community Education Sessions to help educate consumers;
- Has been doing Medicaid and Marketplace enrollments continuously and without interruption (despite a lack of grant funding) since the Affordable Care Act's (ACA's) first Open Enrollment in 2013;
- Has trained, experienced and certified bi-lingual staff who can help consumers with enrollment, education, and counseling for any kind of health insurance, including All Kids, Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Marketplace plans, employee health insurance, and retiree health insurance;
- Works with consumers to not only help them get coverage, but to get the care that they need; and
- Makes our services available to anyone, regardless of income or age.
This means that anyone - young or old or in between; employed or unemployed; retired; low-income, middle-income, high income, or no income; currently insured or uninsured - can come to CCHCC and we will help them figure out what coverage is available to them, and we will help them get covered! Read more...