2016 CCHCC Annual Awards Dinner
CCHCC celebrated 39 years of organizing for health care access and justice at our 2016 Annual Awards Dinner on Friday, April 15, 2016. With one hundred eighty people in attendance, the Dinner was a great success and a wonderful time!
As part of the Dinner, CCHCC honored volunteers, community leaders, and organizations that have been instrumental in advancing health care access and justice, civil rights, and environmental justice.
- Watch our 2016 Year-In-Review slideshow.
- Download our 2016 Adbook Dinner Program (pdf).
- View more photos from the dinner!
CCHCC's 40th Annual Awards Dinner will be held on Friday, April 28, 2017. Please save the date!
Champaign County Health Care Consumers 2015 Award Recipients
Henrietta De Boer Volunteer of the Year Award
Lifetime Achievement Award
Lester Pritchard Citizen Leadership Award
Jennifer Knapp, Executive Director and Founder of Community Choices
Harry J. Baker Community Service Award
Champaign Urbana Canteen Run
The Illinois Disciples Foundation Movement Building Award
John Lee Johnson Social Justice Award
5th & Hill Neighborhood Rights Campaign leaders: MD Pelmore, Ebbie Cook,
Magnolia Cook, Eileen Oldham, Sandra Jackson, Jerry "JB" Lewis
Golden Bedpan Dis-service Award
- Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner
- Runner up: Former pharma CEO Martin Shkreli, aka "Pharma Bro"
Download the award presentation (pdf) or view the award presentation on YouTube.
Thank you Carle Foundation Hospital, Presence Covenant Medical Center, Ruth E. Wyman Law Office, Julian and Arlene Rappaport, Molina Healthcare, and State Senator Scott Bennett for sponsoring the Harry J. Baker, Henrietta De Boer, David LeRoy Anderson, and Mary Louise White honorary tables at the 2016 Dinner and helping low-income consumers to be able to attend the Dinner!
A special thank you to:
- Sam Logan Photography for the event photography;
- Bryan Holloway for his wonderful jazz music;
- Ron Keller for Certificates of Awards layout;
- Jim Bean for helping to frame Certifcates of Award;
- Jeff Machota for the Adbook design and layout, and for videos;
- Jen Tayabji for the slideshow of the year-in-review;
- And Hawthorn Suite for their hospitality and service.
CCHCC extends a special thanks to all of the 2016 Adbook supporters!
- Carle Foundation Hospital (gold sponsor)
- Health Alliance (gold sponsor)
- Lincoln Building (gold sponsor)
- Molina Healthcare of Illinois (gold sponsor)
- The Eye Center (gold sponsor)
- AFL-CIO of Champaign County
- AFSCME Retirees Subchapter 88
- Avicenna Community Health Center
- Bank Champaign
- Barb Pritchard
- Barham Benefit Group
- Birch Tree Counseling, LLC
- Black Dog Smoke & Ale House
- Blue Moon Farm
- Busey Bank
- Campus Faculty Associatio
- Carol Ammons for State Representative
- Central Illinois Jobs with Justice
- Champaign County Christian Health Center
- Champaign Urbana Public Health District
- Champaign-Urbana Tenant Union
- Common Ground Food Cooperative
- Community Choices
- Community Elements
- CompleteCare Pharmacy
- Daily Bread Soup Kitchen
- Duco for Recorder
- El Oasis
- Elliott Counseling Group
- Esquire Lounge
- EverThrive Illinois
- Graduate Employees Organization
- Hawthorn Suites
- Health and Medicine Policy Research Group
- Investment Property Advisors
- Jaivika Salon
- Jeffrey D. Frerichs DDS
- Light Leroy Artificial Eyes
- Martin, Hood, Friese, & Associates
- Planned Parenthood of Illinois
- Prairie Center
- Presence Covenant Medical Center
- Promise Healthcare
- Ruth E. Wyman Law Office
- SharePower Responsible Investing, Inc.
- Sharon Irish / Mean Lids
- Sterling Wealth Management
- The Mueller Kids
- The Pavilion
- University YMCA
- Vietnam Veterans Against the War