Community Health Worker Services
please contact (217) 352-6533, ext. 6508.
Currently, we receive hundreds of calls each month from Champaign County residents who need help navigating the health care system. Our trained and experienced Community Health Worker (CHW) staff provide a range of services including information, referrals, assistance, advocacy, and case management. Two of our CHWs are bilingual in English and Spanish. Our CHWs are trained as Certified Application Counselors and Senior Health Insurance Program Counselors and work with consumers on a range of issues including:
- Enrollment in free or affordable health insurance;
- Access to free or affordable health care;
- Medicaid and SNAP (food stamp) applications;
- Access to free or affordable dental care;
- Access to free or affordable eye exams and glasses;
- Access to free or affordable prescriptions;
- Dealing with medical bills and applying for hospital financial assistance; and
- Applications for SafeLink phones.
Check out CCHCC's free Resource Guides.